Facebook allows a limited number of friends for user profiles for reasons best known to them. People whose friend list has reached the 5000-friend limit had been looking for ways to surmount the limit, to be able to accept and send new friend requests on the world’s largest social network.
Recently, Facebook introduced ‘User Profile To Page Migration’. A service that enables users to accommodate even more than 5000 friends on one user profile by converting the profile to a fan page and converting all friends to ‘fans’.
Click here to get started:
Surely, this is good news for popular Facebookers, you can easily convert your profile while friends become fans while other users who want to connect with you or subscribe to your updates will see your profile as a fan page. Instead of ‘Send friend request’, they should see the ‘Like’ button.
Great, isn’t it?
Pros And Cons Of Migrating Your Facebook User Profile To A Fan Page
1. All current Facebook friends will be converted to ‘Fans’.
2. Potential subscribers, users or followers will have to ‘Like’ your profile in order to connect with you.
3. You can still send private messages like you do with your personal profile before.
4. Facebook chat, games and other features are still available for your account.
5. You can migrate your Facebook profile to a Fan page at any time, even when you don’t have anything close to 5000 friends.
6. I tested the migration on a test-Facebook account and it worked.
And guess what? I couldn’t find a link to migrate back to user-page profile!
How To Migrate Your Facebook User Profile To A Fan Page
1. Go to https://apps.facebook.com/pages/create.php?migrate.
2. Select the type of page you want your user profile to be transformed into.
3. Fill out the next page with some required information and customization and save.
4. Start having fun with your new Fan Page Profile!