Fire guts University of Benin female hostel

A female postgraduate hall of residence at the University of Benin was razed down by a fire outbreak that occurred at about 1:00 pm, on Wednesday, April 19. Unconfirmed reports attributed the incident to a power surge in one of the rooms upstairs which spread to other rooms on the same floor.

According to reports, the incident disrupted the entire school activities, especially for the students who were in their various classes taking lectures. Though no life was lost to the incident, the fire outbreak completely burnt down all the rooms upstairs in the one-story building with nothing to salvage except the rooms downstairs.

It was successfully extinguished by a combined team of firefighters which include the Federal Fire Service, the Edo State Fire Service, and the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) Fire Service.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.